Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blog Assignment 5- The Gulf Oil Spill

Friday we watched a video over the Gulf Oil Spill tragedy that happened last year. In at least 5 sentences tell me what was the Deepwater Horizon, what happened to it, why was the spill so hard to contain, is there anyone to blame for it, and how has the spill affected America? Don't forget to put your first and last name at the end of your comment.

11 comments:

  1. The deep water horizon was an oilwell. The oilwell totally exploded. This was hard to contain because the water pressure was so great that no human could could go down there. Unfortunatly, they had to use robots, which is not an easy task to make a robot put a 4 inch tube into an exploding pipe. I personally think that BP should have made the oilwell well better and more secure, so I think that the people to blame are the people who worked at BP that made the oilwell. How I think the spill affected america is it told people to build the thigs out in the ocean strong or you'll pay very high consequences.

    CASSIDY IRISH

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Deepwater Horizon was an off-shore oil rig owned by BP. The Deepwater Horizon broke and had a HUGE leak that is considered one of Americas largest oil spills. This huge spill was hard to contain because it was under water with a lot of pressure. I do not think tehre is not one person to blame, but i do think it was BP's, as a company, fault. This oil spill definently effected America because we were helping a TON to help save the wildlife and oceans.

    Grace Gallagher :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi coach c. rocks

    yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a BIG spill in the herizon! That spill was called the oil spill! It's not just one persons fault. It's a lot of peoples fault! A lot of animals died!!!!:( It was the Bp's fault. They have been cleaning this spill up for about a year!



    Riley De Laval ☮

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE DEEP WATER HORIZON WAS AN OIL WELL. IT EXPLODED AND CAUGHT ON FIRE.IT WAS HARD TO CONTAIN THE SPILL BECAUSE IT WAS SO FAR DOWN SO THAT IF YOU WENT THERE YOU WOULD BE CRUSHED INTO THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL. I DON'T THINK IT WAS ANYONES FAULT BECAUSE THEY DID NOT KNOW IT WAS GOIND TO EXPLODE. IT HAS EFFECTED AMERICA BY POLLUTING THE WATER AND KILLING THE WILD LIFE.

    G:) R:) A:) C:) E:) :)N :)E :)B :)L:) E:) T:) T:) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. COACH C. ROCKS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. COACH C. ROCKS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Deepwater Horizon was an oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. The well exploded last year, unfortunately. This was hard to contain because after it exploded we could not come up with a way to keep thousands of gallons of oil from coming out every day. This effected the U.S by making all the fish and shrimp dead or to sick to eat. COACH C ROCKS!!!

    Noah Barber

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Deepwater Horizen is oil well. It happened last year. THe oil well exploded and people died. I don't think there is anyone to blame. I do think that BP should have been more prepared for a accident like that. I think that America has learned to work together more from the spill. It is sad that so many animals died. :(

    Callie Jardine

    ReplyDelete
  10. The deep water horizon had a huge oil spill.All the oil came out it was a diaster.I dont think there is anyone to blame ,it was very unexppected.I think many people have learned to help out others. Many people and animals died.

    Ashton Gaddis

    ReplyDelete
  11. The oil spill that haven last year was a tragedy for our economy and fauna. I think Bp is the blame for not fallowing the safety rules. They could not get the oil because it grew a mile every day. Also affect it the fisherman

    Mauricio Funes

    ReplyDelete